By using the SueThem.com website (the "Site"), you agree to follow and be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms") and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. In these Terms, the words "us" and "our" refer to SueThem and "you", "your", "I", "my" or "me" refer to each Site visitor and/or client. A "client" is defined as an individual over the age of eighteen residing in any of the fifty United States of America (or the District of Columbia) who has signed our electronic retainer agreement ("Retainer").
It is important that you read and understand these Terms, which govern your use of SueThem, and any of its affiliates' (collectively "SueThem"), services, software and Site ("Services").
You must be the legal age of majority in your state of residence or otherwise able to form a binding contract with SueThem in order to use the Services. You cannot use the Services if you are under 18 years old.
CAREFULLY READ ABOUT THE SUETHEM PROCESS PRIOR TO SIGNING OUR ELECTRONIC RETAINER AGREEMENT. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AGREE TO AND INSTRUCT SUETHEM TO FOLLOW THE PROCESS DESCRIBED. BY FILING A CLAIM THROUGH SUETHEM YOU WILL INITIATE THE SUETHEM PROCESS.
A. Who is who?
1. These Terms are between you, the user of the Services and SueThem, and we each understand and agree to these Terms. I understand that SueThem is a platform that helps me enforce my legal rights against someone else ("Counterparty") about a good or service that I received from that counterparty ("Claim"). I understand that by using the Services I may be waiving or forfeiting other options available to me related to the claims.
B. What will SueThem do?
1. I understand that when I submit a claim through SueThem I am starting a legal process against the Counterparty to enforce my legal rights against the Counterparty.
2. When I submit a claim, SueThem will send that claim to the Counterparty on my behalf, and file that claim in the appropriate forum. More specifically, SueThem will take the steps listed below when it receives my claim, unless it has been flagged as suspicious by either SueThem or the Counterparty, the claim has been resolved, or I become unresponsive. By submitting my claim, I'm instructing SueThem to take the steps below as well as any additional steps described here or on the page. I understand that SueThem will not exercise any discretion or make any changes to this process based on the details of my claim, and that SueThem will continue following these steps until I tell it to stop:
A. SueThem will notify the Counterparty that you intend to file a claim against the Counterparty and allow the Counterparty the opportunity to resolve your claim.
B. If your claim is not resolved after notifying the Counterparty of your claim, SueThem will file a claim against the Counterparty in the appropriate forum.
C. SueThem will contact you regarding any settlement offers made by the Counterparty. SueThem will contact you directly at the email address you provide to us. If, after a period of seven (7) days, you do not reply to a settlement offer, SueThem will contact you at the phone number you provided, informing you of the settlement offer amount. I understand that I am giving SueThem my phone number when I sign up for its services and I authorize SueThem to send me text messages and messenger messages, call me using any form of technology (including an autodialer or other computerized tool) and contact me in any other way using my phone number. I represent that the phone number that I am submitting is owned by me. In addition to contacting me with information about my claim(s), SueThem may contact me with offers for services or other solicitations at the number I provide and using any of the technology described above. I understand that I may at any time (including prior to the submission of this form) deny or revoke my consent to receive calls, messages or texts regarding offers for services or other solicitations by sending an email containing my name and phone number to info@SueThem.com. If you do not inform SueThem of your intent to accept or reject any settlement offer, then SueThem will deem the offer rejected. If you decide to accept the settlement offer, you will indicate so. SueThem will pay you your portion of the settlement via a check, minus any fees and expenses. The check will be sent to the address you provide at the time you sign up for SueThem services or any updated address provided by you.
D. SueThem may, in some circumstances, pay your filing fees on your behalf. If SueThem pays your filing fees, you agree that SueThem will be entitled to any reimbursement of those fees and any interest accruing against the funds used to pay those filing fees. By agreeing to these Terms you assign any right you have to reimbursement of the filing fee and interest accruing against the funds under your contract with the Counterparty to SueThem.
3. I understand and agree that regardless of the circumstances, SueThem is not responsible for how long the process takes.
C. What do I do?
1. I promise that the information I give to SueThem will be accurate, true and it will not be misleading or false in any way, and that I take all responsibility for the information that I submit in my claim and that I provide to the Counterparty through SueThem.I agree to promptly notify SueThem of any developments in my claim including, among other things, (i) the content of any communication with the Counterparty, (ii) significant changes to the facts underlying my claim and (iii) any decision to stop pursuing my claim.
2. I understand that SueThem relies on me for quick responses to its communications with me so that it can help me with my claim as fast as possible. I agree to reply to SueThem within a reasonable time when it needs more information from me or asks me to do something to process the claim. I understand that if SueThem does not hear from me for 2 weeks from when I am asked for information or to do something about the claim, SueThem can withdrawal from it representation on my claim.
3. I represent that I am not a citizen of the European Union and will not become a European Union citizen while I am bound under these Terms. If I become a European Union citizen, I will immediately notify SueThem.
D. Attorney-Client Relationship
If you communicate with us prior to signing our Retainer, whether through telephone, email, social media, or any other means, your communication and our response is not confidential and does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and us. An attorney/client relationship with us can only be established by signing our Retainer.
YOU AGREE THAT, IF YOU SIGN OUR RETAINER, YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
E. My liabilities, indemnities and other important matters
I will read this section carefully. It affects my rights.
I promise that if I do not fully understand this section, I will not utilize SueThem’s platform and/or services. I understand and agree that I have the right to seek independent legal counsel in order to help me understand the following Terms.
I agree to use the Services at my own risk. The information, software, products, and services made available through SueThem or its affiliates may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. SueThem and/or its suppliers may at any time make improvements or changes to SueThem’s Services. I will consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to my situation.
F. How do we end this agreement?
Either party can end these Terms, and the Services, for convenience on notice to the other person at any time.
All material on this Site, including without limitation all text, photographs, graphics, computer code, trademarks and other intellectual property, is proprietary to SueThem, which is the sole and exclusive owner. While you may temporarily download or store portions of the material solely to view them on a standalone PC or monitor, all such use must be personal. Any duplication or distribution other than as provided in the Site is prohibited. Use of this Site and/or its content for anything other than personal reference purposes is prohibited.
1. A notice under these Terms must be in writing, in English and signed by a person duly authorized by the sender; and electronically mailed to:
A. If to me, at the email address that I provide to SueThem.
B. If to SueThem, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A notice that follows the instructions in this agreement takes effect 5 days after sending, unless the receiver proves that the Notice was not received by the person it was addressed to.
3. I agree that SueThem may change its Terms from time to time by updating the Terms on its Site.
4. These Terms are the entire agreement between SueThem and me in connection with its subject matter and supersedes all previous agreements or understandings between me and SueThem in connection with its subject matter.
5. A term or part of a term of these Terms that is illegal or unenforceable may be severed from the Terms and the remaining Terms or parts of the Terms of the agreement will continue in force.
6. Except where I sign an electronic Retainer, these Terms do not create a relationship of employment, trust, agency or partnership between me and SueThem or its personnel.
7. SueThem may assign, transfer or novate its rights and obligations under the Terms from time to time.
8. These Terms are governed by the laws of Maryland and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Maryland. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
9. We do not anticipate a conflict to arise between you and SueThem. But should a dispute arise we do not limit you in anyway from seeking relief from SueThem in Court. We believe access to a judicial forum to resolve disputes in the United States of America is an inalienable right granted by the United States Constitution to each person and we do not intend to impede that right in any way.
If you believe that we did not live up to our end of these Terms or in representing you with respect to a claim, we ask that you notify us by email at email@example.com and give us an opportunity to figure out what went wrong and try to fix it. If SueThem cannot resolve any issues you have with us or our representation of you with respect to your claim, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and forum in which to file a claim is any court within the state of Maryland. YOU AND SUETHEM AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO RESOLVE CLAIMS WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THESE TERMS ON A CLASS, COLLECTIVE, OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THESE TERMS MUST BE LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE SITE VISITOR OR CLIENT CANNOT BE LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER SITE VISITOR OR CLIENT.